Monday, August 10, 2020

Feeling Stuck

 I often feel like I can't move forward. There are so many things in my life that gnaw at me.  Things that happened this morning,  last week or ten years ago they all haunt me.  I wish that I could forget. If it is an action by another, I forgive easily,  but I cannot forget.  I think I don't forget it,  because the wound happened and I'm trying to stay on guard so it doesn't hurt as bad next time.  So have I truly forgiven if I can't move past the hurt?

If it is something that I have done,  I will likely never forgive myself for what I did wrong to someone else.  It will continue to enter my thoughts as I go to sleep.  

I wonder if it is due to being raised by a narcissist and being married to one as well.  Was I always going to be this way or was I programmed by my upbringing to be guilty always? I sit alone often and just cry because even though I know everything is not my fault I also know I have some fault in every situation. It is exhausting to have lived this long and constantly question myself. 

I just want to be happy and carefree like I was to some extent growing up.  I miss my father's perspective and reassurance in my life. I truly think he is the one person that understood me fully and he's gone. I also think maybe he didn't understand, because he would have known that I needed him now more than ever and he killed himself.  Then that moves me to thinking I was not there enough for him to voice his despair over his situation and that is why he is gone. Do you see what I mean? This life is exhausting. 

I am obviously not doing well in my goal to get back to my grateful, balanced self as previously posted. When I take a step in the right direction one of the other areas of my life falters. Maybe I'm just destined to be an unsuccessful juggler always chasing after the ball that dropped.

No comments:

Post a Comment